Get ready for the super bowl! Super bowl parties are the perfect opportunity to get your chili pepper spice on with plenty of spicy appetizers and ice cold beer. We’ve compiled a collection of some of our favorite chili pepper recipes to help you work up a nice and spicy menu that will please all of your football loving friends.
The Super Bowl Recipe Meal Plan ala Chili Pepper Madness
Jalapeno Poppers with a twist. This jalapeno poppers recipe is nice and tangy, Buffalo style.
- 2 large jalapeno peppers
- 1-2 ounces cream cheese
- 1-2 ounces cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup of your favorite Buffalo Sauce
- 1 egg
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the tops off of the jalapeno peppers and core them using a knife or pepper corer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken and Buffalo sauce. Heat in a small pan or you can even nuke it a minute or two.
- Stuff each jalapeno pepper with layers of cream cheese and Buffalo chicken, until full. The amount will vary by the size of the jalapeno.
- Coat stuffed jalapeno peppers with egg and then dip into bread crumbs. Coat thoroughly.
- In a deep pan, add enough oil to deep fry the peppers. Add the jalapenos to heated oil and cook 3-5 minutes. Flip peppers over and cook another 3-5 minutes.
Note: This will get the jalapeno poppers good and crispy. If you prefer to cook without oil or deep frying, you can always bake the jalapeno poppers for 20-30 minutes instead at 375 degrees to your preference.
This is a beanless chili with meaty Black Angus Chuck roast that will surely satisfy the biggest appetite. We roasted our jalapeno peppers before adding them to the mix for a sweet and succulent flavor.
- 2 pounds Black Angus Chuck Roast, cut into large chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large jalapeno pepper, roasted and chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Season Chuck Roast with salt and pepper then add to the pan. Brown about 5 minutes. This will help seal in the flavor and juices.
- While Chuck Roast is cooking, add remaining ingredients to a large crock pot or slow cooker and mix well.
- Add Chuck Roast and onions. Stir.
- Cook on high heat for 2 hours, then reduce heat to medium and cook for at least one more hour. You can leave it in longer for the meat to grow more tender.
Pizza is always a big hit. Why not try a variation from the traditional? Don’t forget extra jalapeno peppers on this one, or maybe some chopped habanero peppers.
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 ready made pizza crust
- 6 ounce salmon, cooked
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 6 ounce Monterray Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Olive oil
Salmon and Avocado Pizza Cooking Directions
- Soak the avocado in lemon juice and set aside.
- Lightly brush the pizza crust with olive oil.
- Evenly distribute tomato, jalapeno peppers and 2 ounces of cheese over the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove.
- Evenly distribute avocado mixture, sour cream, chopped salmon, and remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve!
Red jalapeno peppers are slightly sweeter than the green variety. The jalapenos turn red eventually when left on the plant. We roasted our red jalapenos to enhance the flavor, then combined them with tomatoes, Anaheim peppers, tomatillos and more. There is no salsa better than homemade salsa.
- 3 red jalapeno peppers, roasted
- 1 anaheim pepper, roasted
- 5 tomatillos, roasted
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop all ingredients.
- To a food processor, add all ingredients except for chives.
- Process slightly to combine yet keeping slightly chunky.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
Over at Chili Pepper Madness, we have loads of information on making hot wings. No need to have soggy wings delivered. These babies are fresh and tasty. Buffalo wings, here we come!
We’re giving away our secret recipe here. Don’t steal it. Seriously, everyone loves these nachos. No, seriously.
This guacamole recipe is astoundingly creamy. You’ll never want to go to a Mexican restaurant for guacamole again when you have it this good.
Cornbread is a big favorite and so easy to prepare ahead of time. We have numerous variations for you to try.
We KNOW you like beer during the Super Bowl, but even the most die hard beer fan likes to mix it up every now and again. Try these spicy drinks on for size.