I’d like to pay a compliment to Kramer’s Wing Rubs. I did a review of 3 of their spicy wing rubs, which we at Chili Pepper Madness greatly enjoyed. You can find the review here. I had noted in my review that the rubs have a strong smokiness, perhaps a bit too much for some consumers. I had tried the rubs on shrimp, fish, and vegetables. All were delicious, but last night, on a whim, Patty asked for macaroni and cheese. I don’t make anything out of a box but we were in a hurry. You see, Patty had Bunco and needed to hurry out to drink, I mean play Bunco, with the ladies.
So, I went about my abbreviated homemade macaroni and cheese recipe, boiling noodles, shredding cheese. I only had 15 minutes, so I had to use canned chicken. Grilled chicken would have been better, but the world does not stop for Bunco so canned chicken had to make do. Moving quickly and wanting as much flavor as I could pack into 15 minutes, I snatched “Finger Lickin” container of Kramer’s Wing Rub and dashed it into the mixture, along with a teaspoon of white truffle oil. Wow! It was seriously one of the best mac and cheese dishes we’ve had, and will serve as the springboard for new recipes. Kramer’s Wing Rub truly does offer a great deal of flavor, and the amount of smokiness was perfect for this application. I think you’ll enjoy it. Here is the recipe.
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese with Kramer’s Wing Rub
- 6 ounces macaroni noodles, prepared
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces canned chicken (or, 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed)
- 1 tablespoon Kramer’s Wing Rub (we used Finger Lickin’ level)
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- After noodles are prepared to your liking, drain water and return to pot on low heat.
- Add milk and butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted and mixed through.
- Add chicken and Kramer’s Wing Rub. Stir and remove from heat.
- Add white truffle oil and stir.
We’re happy to recommend Kramer’s Wing Rubs. Great stuff! Interested in purchasing Kramer’s Wing Rubs?http://kramersgourmet.com/
Check out our cookbooks – plenty of chili pepper recipes!