Ah, candied jalapeno peppers. It is Christmas Day and you’re scrambling to figure out what you can make quickly to satisfy your chilehead family that just happened to stop by. Sure, you can bust out the nachos or make some quick jalapeno poppers, all of which are always big hits with the spicy food crowd, but why not impress them with something for dessert – candied jalapeno peppers!
Candied jalapeno peppers are wonderful little treats that make for perfect toppings on cakes, cupcakes, muffins, ice cream and more. The recipe is simple and doesn’t take very long. The result is something far more sweet than spicy, but you’ll be sure to find a tiny tingle that you’re looking for. These candied jalapeno peppers make any dessert better.
- 4 large jalapeno peppers, sliced into rings
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup to 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper powder of your choice
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Heat a large pan to medium-low heat.
- Add water.
- Dissolve sugar, Turmeric powder, ginger and chili pepper powder.
- Add drop of food coloring.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add jalapeno peppers and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Remove jalapenos and allow to cool.
- Repeat several times by adding the jalapeno peppers to the syrup until they are candied, meaning they have absorbed enough sugar to be nice and sweet.
- Cool and serve!
Enjoy, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! This recipe is also located here: http://jalapenomadness.com/recipe_candied_jalapenos-sweet.html