This simple dish incorporates a homemade chili paste made with very spicy rehydrated Yellow 7 Pot chili peppers, along with garlic, basil, oil, salt and pepper. We used dehydrated chili peppers here. Learn How to Rehydrate Dried Chili Peppers.
- 2 Yellow 7 Pot Chili Peppers (We used dehydrated peppers – learn how to rehydrate chili peppers here)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 basil leaves + chopped basil for garnish
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Form your paste by combining chili peppers, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 6 basil leaves, garlic and salt to taste in a food processor. Process until a paste forms. Above, I used a molcajete for the same results. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and cook about 4-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Remove chicken from pan and roughly chop.
- Heat a large wok to medium heat and add chopped chicken.
- Add 1 teaspoon (or more, as desired) of your chili paste and mix well. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and salt and pepper. Stir. Simmer about 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and mix well. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and mix.
- Remove from heat, distribute to bowls, top with chopped basil and serve.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Check out our chili pepper cookbooks!