We are happy to announce the publication of our new book, “Publish Your Lunch: How to Earn Money Food Blogging”, by Red Chili Press.
There are as many different ways to earn an income by food blogging as there are types of food blogs. It would be impossible to cover every single way to earn money, but in the pages that follow, we detail what has worked for us in the decade or so that we’ve been running our foodie sites. We also offer ideas and creative sparks to help you generate new ideas for your food blog.
This book is designed to help those who have not yet started their foodie site, or those who already have a foodie site or food blog and want to monetize or increase their earnings. We cover a lot of the basics on how to conceptualize your food site if you don’t already have one, how to start up your site or blog, different ways to monetize and earn income, social media, marketing and promotion, writing and publishing cookbooks, food writing, and food photography. We also include a number of interviews with successful food bloggers, writers, and a photographer that specializes in food.
This book is not necessarily a step-by-step plan to follow, but a discussion of strategy for what has worked for us in writing and blogging about food. These strategies have served us well. We hope they serve you, too!
Table of Contents:
- Is this Book for You?
- Why We Started Food Blogging and Decided to Write This Book
- Treat Your Food Blog Like a Business
- What is Your Food Niche? The Importance of Keyword Research
- CONTENT IS KING – Develop lots of content based on your keyword research
- SEO Basics: optimize the content based on the keyword research
- Building Your Web Site
- To Blog or Not to Blog
- Going the Blog Route
- How Often Should I Blog
- What is Google AdSense? AdSense Basics
- Google AdSense Ad Types
- AdSense Ad Placements – Where Should I Place My Ads?
- AdSense CPC
- AdSense Alternatives
- Food or Blog Specific Ad Networks
- How We Quadrupled Our Ad Earning Income
- Income Alternatives to Advertising
- Google AdWords for Food Blogs
- Writing and Selling Cookbooks and eBooks
- Google Analytics – Gotta Check the Stats!
- Marketing and Promotion of Your Food Blog (Social Media and More)
- The Importance of Food Photography
- Share Your Photos
- The Art of Food Writing
- How to Keep the Blog Going
- Staying Motivated
- Interviews/Profiles of Successful Food Bloggers
- Interview/Profile of a Successful Food Photographer
- Interviews/Profiles of Successful Food Writers
- Final Words
- About the Authors
Purchase from the links below:
Michael and Patty Hultquist operate Quist Interactive, Inc, a web site development company focusing on web services for businesses of all sizes. Patty is the techie and photographer, and Mike is the cook, writer and artist. They have combined their experience to operate a number of successful foodie sites, and have written several cookbooks as well. Mike is the screenwriter of “Victim” and “Arena” (starring Samuel L. Jackson and Kellan Lutz). He is also a member of the International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA). Their latest book, “Publish Your Lunch: How to Earn Money Food Blogging” is available at Amazon.com and BN.com in ebook form.