November calls for pumpkin in your recipes. You can get some of that pumpkin in your breakfast with delicious pumpkin crepes! These are nice and sweet, but not overly so. You’ll enjoy the depth of the pumpkin flavor.
Spicy Pumpkin Crepes with Pumpkin Cream Filling
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinammon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, eggs, milk, water, salt, melted butter and 1 cup pumpkin. Mix well to form your batter.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine 1 cup pumpkin with cream cheese, nutmeg, cinammon, honey and chili powder. Mix well form your stuffing.
- Heat a crepe pan or other wide pan to medium heat and lightly oil. Spoon about 1/5th of the batter on the pan and cook about 2 minutes, or until the edges bubble and the crepe begins to brown.
- Flip and cook 30-60 seconds to cook through. Repeat to make 5 crepes.
- Transfer crepes to a serving plate and spoon pumpkin-cream cheese mixture into the crepe centers.
- Roll crepes up and serve!
Also posted at ChiliPepperMadness.com: http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/recipe-spicy-pumpkin-crepes-with-pumpkin-cream-filling.html