What can you do with all that leftover holiday turkey? Lots! The great thing about leftover turkey is that is already cooked and nicely seasoned. You don’t have to do much to turn a typical meal into something spectacular. Case in point – This Leftover Turkey Ciabatta-Habanero Breakfast Sandwich recipe is nice and spicy, and puts together quickly the morning after, assuming all of your dishes are done from the night before. Don’t forget the habanero peppers! This one likes to be spicy.
Leftover Turkey Ciabatta-Habanero Breakfast Sandwiches
- 2 small ciabatta bread rolls
- 2 tablespoons refried beans
- 2 habanero peppers, chopped
- 4 ounces leftover turkey, sliced thin
- 2 eggs, lightly fried
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split ciabatta rolls and remove tops.
- Spread refried beans over the bottoms.
- Add habanero peppers and turkey meat.
- Add cheese to the top of the bread and bake everything about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Add fried egg over the turkey layer, then top with cheese roll top.
If you enjoy our recipes, I hope you’ll check out our chili pepper cookbooks.