Mostly the same ingredients as the Mexican Style Omelet, but I prepared the eggs differently and served the meal over homemade corn tortillas. So good!
Mexican Style Breakfast Tacos
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooked chorizo
- 1 jalapeno pepper, roasted and chopped (how to roast jalapeno peppers)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For toppings: Diced avocado, diced red onion, diced tomatoes
- 1 cup masa flour
- 1/2 cup water
- For the crema, add sour cream, chipotle pepper, milk and a dash of salt to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- For corn tortillas, add masa and water to a mixing bowl, Mix to form a dough. Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and roll into tortillas. It is best to use a tortilla press, but a rolling pin works fine. Make them nice and thin.
- Heat a small pan to medium-high heat and dry cook the tortillas until they are firm, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and lightly coat with oil. Add eggs and stir rapidly. Add cheese and chorizo and continue to stir until eggs set, about 90 seconds or so. You want your eggs to remain moist, so do not overcook.
- Serve the egg mixture over tortillas and top with roasted jalapeno peppers, avocado, onion and crema.