A recipe for chicken thighs, seasoned and seared in a cast iron pan, then smothered in a homemade Caribbean style mango-habanero sauce, topped with crushed peanuts and fresh lime juice.
Super quick meal alert! You'll need to make our recipe for Caribbean Style Mango-Habanero Hot Sauce first, though. Keep it in the fridge and when you're ready for some quick and FREAKING TASTY pan seared chicken thighs, spicy and Caribbean flavored, give this a seriuos go. The hot sauce is thick and fruity, made with plenty of habanero peppers and sweet mango, but also with honey to sweeten it up a tad more, cumin, allspice, ginger and more. PERFECT for chicken, right? RIGHT!
This particular dish serves 2 people, so if you're cooking for a larger group, upscale as needed.
The recipe itself is quite simple. Dredge the chicken thighs in a mixture of cornstarch, paprika,, cayenne, garlic powder, thyme, clove, allspice and salt. Get them nicely coated, then sear them in a hot pan, both sides, until cooked through. Finish them off with your mango-habanero sauce and go to town! SO GOOD!
Serve them up right in the pan if you'd like, which is what we did. I served them with a side of goat cheese-potato mash. Excellent stuff. Sprinkle on some crushed peanuts for additional flavor and crunch. Just one thing...please don't forget the extra lime juice! Squeeze a bit over the top and enjoy. I hope you like them!
Pan Seared Caribbean Chicken Thighs – Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup Caribbean Style Mango-Habanero Hot Sauce
- Crumbled peanuts and lime wedges for serving
- Add cornstarch, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, thyme, clove, allspice and salt to a mixing bowl and toss together.
- Add chicken thighs and coat them thoroughly. Get it nice and rubbed in
- Heat the oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken thighs and cook until nicely browned, about 6-7 minutes, then flip and cook another 6-7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Drizzle with Caribbean Style Mango-Habanero Hot Sauce and top with crumbled peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.