Chipotle peppers bring an outstanding smoky flavor to whatever dish you include them in, but for chili, they're a Godsend. Chili is one of those dishes you can make easy or you can make complex. We opted for the easy method. We only included 2 chipotle peppers in this recipe, but feel free to add more for enhanced smokiness.
- 2 tablespoons ground guajillo chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground chili para naranja
- 1 can cannelloni beans (white)
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 quart tomatoes, peeled
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup water
- 2 chipotle peppers, stemmed and chopped
- Splash of olive oil
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat. Add a splash of olive oil.
- Season chicken breast chunks with garlic powder and sear about 1 minute per side. This will help seal in the flavor and texture.
- Add chicken to a slow cooker at low heat along with remaining ingredients. Mix well and cover.
- Slow cook about 4 hours.