A refreshing sangria cocktail recipe made with white wine, juicy pineapple, fresh mango and basil, perfect for lazing along the beach or for your next evening gathering.
Hi all, Patty here again with another cocktail for Thirsty Thirteenth. I love mixing drinks up so much that I often find myself making a quick Sangria to bring to someone’s house, especially if there will be a lot of ladies there that love wine. Sangrias are so easy that I don’t understand buying a pre-made mix. And you can never beat the freshness of real fruit floating around and infusing into the wine.
I wanted to go with a fresh and bright Sangria this time so I decided to use fresh pineapples and mangos. To add another level of flavor, I added a bit of basil which paired quite nicely. For those of you who love the spice (Like Mike and myself), jalapenos would be a nice addition. Simply add them in with the other fruit. These ingredients will infuse quickly so don’t make this too far ahead before you plan on serving it.
Mike's Perspective: Make extra. For me. With jalapenos, please.
White Sangria with Pineapple, Mango and Basil - Recipe
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed (1/3 pineapple)
- 1 cup mango, cubed (1 mango)
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 bottle off dry wine like a Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cups Sprite or other clear soda
- Fill a shaker with ice and add all ingredients except the Sprite.
- Shake vigorously.
- Refrigerate in a carafe for 2 hours.
- Serve in wine glasses with ice and top off with the soda.