Basic Homemade Guacamole Recipe
Homemade guacamole is an essential side dish for so many meals and is the absolute perfect dip. As we've discussed, there aren't many ingredients in guacamole, but each restaurant makes theirs a bit different. This is our favorite version - very simple to start. Use it as your canvas. Experiment and grow. Sometimes the basic, however, is the favorite.
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash with a large fork until avocado becomes creamy and ingredients are combined.
NOTE: This makes enough for just a few small servings, so adjust as needed. Also, we've found that cilantro, salt and lime juice proportions will vary slightly to personal preference.