Game day approaches! Regardless of who you want to win, everyone wants the same thing - good food! Jalapeno poppers are always a hit. They're easy to make and disappear quickly. Who doesn't like a perfect bite of gooey cheese with bacon crumbles? We tend to be jalapeno popper fanatics around here, mixing and matching stuffing styles and ingredients, trying new types of foods, filling up not only jalapeno peppers but chili peppers of all types. Since we had some bright and fruity Cubanelle peppers on hand as well as a load of fresh jalapeno peppers, we mixed up some extra cheese mixture and stuffed a few of them as a bonus. Want to stuff other peppers? Go for it!
Goat Cheese-Ricotta Poppers with Bacon
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons spicy chili powder
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and core out the insides. Set them onto a baking sheet.
- To a mixing blwo, add ricotta cheese, goat cheese, garlic, cumin, and spicy chili powder. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the jalapeno peppers then top each with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until everything is nice and melted.
Bonus! These are great with sweet peppers as well. We made some extra stuffing and stuffed a few red Cubanelle chili peppers. So good!
Or, check out our cookbook - Jalapeno Poppers and Other Stuffed Peppers.