File this recipe under "Quick and Easy". And summerlicious. Is that a word? It should be! Summertime is ideal for light, bright foods, especially when you can sit outside and grill. Shrimp takes practically no time to cook, so you can have this meal ready is practically no time. For an even quicker meal, make the salsa ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge a couple hours. It will allow the flavors to meld together. So good on shrimp tacos. The salsa is vibrant and colorful with fresh green jalapeno peppers and diced avocado, red tomatoes, tropical mango, crisp lime juice, cilantro...I'm getting hungry again describing it. Just see below. It practically wants to leap out of the bowl and straight into my belly.
Shrimp Tacos with Fresh Mango-Avocado Salsa
- FOR THE SALSA
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cored
- 1 small Roma tomato
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- FOR THE SHRIMP TACOS
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons taco or Cajun seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 corn tortillas, or more as needed, warmed
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Prepare the salsa first by dicing the avocado, mango, tomato and jalapeno peppers. Set them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cilantro and lime juice. Stir. Adjust for salt and cover. Refrigerate about an hour to allow flavors to mingle.
- Set the shrimp into a large mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil.
- Add cumin, seasonings, garlic powder and salt to taste. Toss and cover. Refrigerate one hour.
- Heat a pan to medium heat. Add in marinated shrimp and cook about 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Alternatively, cook them on the grill 3-4 minutes per side. Get outside and grill!
- Serve onto warmed tortillas topped with your mango-avocado salsa.
- Top with your favorite hot sauce!