Gazpacho is a cold raw vegetable soup typically made with tomatoes, though we've opted out of the tomatos here and work more with peppers and cucumbers. Serrano peppers add a spicy kick and raw pepper flavor to a chilled gazpacho. Enjoy this for a light lunch or meal starter.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 serrano peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the diced cucumbers and cover.
- To a food processor, add remaining cucumbers, 1/2 cup olive oil, ice water, garlic, 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, 1 serrano pepper, and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and chill at least one hour.
- To a separate mixing bowl, combine onion, 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar, reserved cucumbers, basil, remaining serrano peppers, 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss.
- Serve chilled cucumber-serrano soup mixture into serving bowls and spoon the serrano-cucumber mixture over the top.
Jalapeno Poppers and
Other Stuffed Chili Peppers
Brand New Cookbook
Chili Pepper Recipes Galore!
250+ Chili Pepper Recipes - PRINT or EBOOK
Jalapeno Recipes Galore
Print Edition - 250+ Recipes