Energize your game day gatherings with this easy, cheesy recipe of crispy tater tots smothered with black beans and melty cheddar cheese, topped with chunky salsa, jalapenos and guacamole.
If you guys want to infuse some serious FUN into your game day gathering, you need to focus on the food, right? For me, the food is more fun than the game, especially when you have this crazy amazing recipe. We’re talking Super Easy Cheesy “Totchos” (Tater Tot Nachos). All I can say is – YES!
From now on, Game Day will no longer be Game Day without cheesy totchos!
What makes it extra special is Fresh Cravings Salsa. Check these out.
I love these salsas. I couldn’t decide which salsa I wanted to use, so I picked up both Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa and Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa. They’re both crazy delicious.
What I like about Fresh Cravings Salsa is the bold, authentic flavor. Fresh Cravings Salsa is made with fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes and vegetables and it is not cooked like jarred salsa, nor is it pasteurized like other refrigerated salsas. Truly, this salsa is a game changer.
Open them up, give them a taste. Vibrant. Crisp. Freakin’ YUM!
Just like these Cheesy Totchos.
Fresh Cravings Salsa is right at home on these tochos, giving that extra bold pop of flavor.
Serve these up. Watch them disappear. QUICKLY.
Making Easy Cheesy Game Day Totchos is ridiculously easy. Let’s walk through it, shall we? First thing is to get your ingredients together. Like so.
Next, get those frozen tater tots into an oven-safe pan. I used my cast iron pan here. Like so.
Bake them up per the product instructions until they are nicely golden brown. Mine took about a half hour or so.
Pull them from the oven and spoon the black beans and cheese on top. Like so.
Tough so far, right? Bake the whole thing for 3-5 minutes, just until the cheese is nicely melted and the beans are warmed.
Pop them out of the oven and spoon on the rest of your ingredients. Be generous with the Fresh Cravings Salsa. I used the chunky salsa here.
Sprinkle on a few fresh herbs if you’d like and serve it up! I serve some crema on the side for those who want it, along with Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa for those craving more salsa. Once they get a taste of it, they will!
Make sure you have extra chips on hand for the rest of the salsa. Great stuff!
Let me know how this recipe turns out for you. I hope you enjoy it. Even if your team loses, it’s still a win with this recipe.
Try Some of My Other Popular Nacho Recipes
- The Ultimate Texas Nachos
- Chipotle Texas Nachos
- Mike's Late Night Nachos
- Irish Nachos with Homemade Beer Cheese
- Extra Cheese Gnocchi Nachos
- Chicken Nacho Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Chipotle Chicken Nachos
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! -- Mike H.
Easy Cheesy Game Day Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos) – Recipe
- 2 pound bag cooked tater tots
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 container of Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa or Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers sliced
- Homemade Guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream or crema
- Fresh chopped cilantro and hot sauce for serving
- Cook your tator tots according to the packaging instructions. Add your cooked tater tots to a large oven-safe pan and cover with black beans and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Cool slightly, then top with guacamole, jalapeno slices, sour cream or crema, Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa and fresh herbs. Serve with hot sauce on the side.