Spicy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
A recipe for sweet strawberries dipped in chocolate mixed with cayenne pepper, then drizzled with white chocolate.
Chocolate covered strawberries are great for the holidays, but also for a fun anytime dessert. We spiked our chocolate with cayenne pepper for some heat. It’s such a good burn.
Try Some of My Other Popular Dessert Recipes
- Mexican Brownies
- Spicy Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Jalapeno Peppers
- Spicy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Candied Jalapeno Peppers
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike
Spicy Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 30 strawberries
- 14 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Crisco
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat a small pot to low heat and add semi-sweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons Crisco. It is best to use a double-boiler for this, but if you don't have one, be sure to keep the heat low. Stir often until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper into chocolate a bit at a time and mix until fully blended.
- Grip the stem and dip each strawberry into the chocolate and coat each side.
- Set the chocolate strawberries on wax paper to cool. Refrigerate to speed up the process.
- Heat a separate small pot to low heat and add white chocolate with 1 tablespoon Crisco. Again, a double boiler is best, but if you don't have one, keep the heat low and stir often until melted and smooth.
- Hold each strawberry over the white chocolate, and with a small spoon, drizzle white chocolate over the strawberry in a small but steady stream. Be creative with your designs.
- Set the strawberries on wax paper to cool.