Red Pepper Feta Dip
A quick and easy appetizer roasted red pepper feta dip recipe made with creamy feta cheese, spicy hot sauce, roasted red pepper, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and fresh basil.
We’re cooking with hot sauce today, my friends, though to be honest, there isn’t much cooking involved here. I’m sharing with you a Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip recipe because, as the holidays quickly approach, you might be on the lookout for quick and easy appetizers or dips that people will love.
If you enjoy feta cheese and just the right amount of heat and zing, this is the dip for you. Fired Up Feta Dip! It’s definitely very easy to make, ready in minutes, and you can often make it with ingredients that you have on hand readily.
So when a party breaks out or you’re invited to a last minute gathering, or hey, if you’re really just in the mood for an awesome feta dip snack, keep this recipe on hand and you’re good to go.
It’s creamy and a tad bit spicy and savory and slightly tart in such a great way and it’s a convenient dip recipe because you can whip it up super fast.
Let’s walk through the process of making the recipe, shall we?
Roasted Red Pepper Dip Ingredients
- Feta Cheese. Use 1 pound feta cheese for this recipe.
- Roasted Red Peppers. Use 1 medium roasted red bell pepper. You can use jarred, or roast your own.
- Garlic. Use 3 cloves garlic, or more to your tastes.
- Basil. ¼ cup chopped basil + more for garnish
- Olive Oil. Use 3 tablespoons olive oil + more for serving
- Hot Sauce. Use 4 tablespoons or more! To your personal taste, of course.
- Lemon Juice. Juice from half a lemon
Zana Hot Sauce came in my very first hot sauce box from Fuego Box, a “Hot Sauce of the Month Club”. It’s an everyday sort of hot sauce that pairs with practically everything. It’s a medium level heat, so it isn’t concocted to blow you out of the water or anything. Expect a nice level of spiciness the whole family will appreciate.
It will give a nice and spicy spin on a classic Greek dip.
I’ve spoken with the guys at Fuego Box and they’ve given me a special link that will give you $10 off your first subscription box. Highly recommended! Get hot sauces delivered directly to your door from a company that hand picks artisan hot sauces, and they choose only the best.
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip – the Recipe Method
Food Processor. Once you have all of your ingredients put together, simply add them all to a food processor – feta cheese, roasted red peppers, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, basil, hot sauce – and process them until the dip is nice and smooth.
Taste and Adjust. Give it a taste. If you want a bit more zing, add in more of the Zana hot sauce.
Good? Scoop it into a serving bowl. I like to run a spoon around it to give the top a little texture, smooth it out a bit for presentation. Make it look pretty for grandma!
Finally, drizzle over a bit more olive oil and top it with crumbly feta cheese.
Serve that baby up! Time for spicy feta dip! I served ours with pita chips, but toast would be nice, or your preferred type of chips. I hope you enjoy this delicious dip! Let me know how it turns out for you!
And don’t forget to check out Fuego Box, Hot Sauce of the Month Club – $10 off your first subscription box.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- The Heat Factor. You can make your feta dip milder by omitting or limiting the amount of hot sauce. Make it spicier by adding in a few more dashes, or by using crushed red pepper flakes. Feel free to adjust this to your own heat levels.
- Double It Up. You can easily double or even triple this recipe for large crowds or parties. Just increase the ingredients accordingly, but don’t forget the pita chips for serving! Someone might become upset with you.
- More than Just a Dip. This is obviously great for serving with pita chips or bread as a spread, but you can also serve this up as part of your main course, or even as the star of your meal. Toss some with a Greek salad to a wonderful spin.
Check Out Some of My Other Popular Dip Recipes
- Fiery Buffalo Blue Cheese Hummus
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- Creamy, Crunchy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Zesty Layered Taco Dip
- One-Pan Hatch Chile Cheese Dip
- Zesty Sour Cream Dip
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip Recipe
- 1 pound feta cheese
- 1 medium roasted red sweet pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ cup chopped basil + more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + more for serving
- 4 tablespoons or more! Zana Hot Sauce
- Juice from half a lemon
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process until nice and smooth.
- Adjust to your taste preferences with more Zana Hot Sauce.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil, then top with fresh chopped basil, and more hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve with pita chips!