Bust out the appetizers for your next party with this recipe of jalapeno poppers stuffed with a mixture of goat cheese, Parmesan, seared shrimp and loads of herbs. It's popper time!
Absolutely, it's jalapeno popper time! I KNOW you already know how INSANE I am for jalapeno poppers. I haven't made them in SOOO long, I mean, WEEKS, so I had to get my jalapeno popper fix in.
And here we are. Chowing down on some satisfying Shrimp and Goat Cheese Jalapeno Poppers.
I'm crazy for these!
I love making my poppers "boat" style, which is by slicing the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise, laying them down like little boats, then stuffing them with all sorts of goodness. Of course you can make them the more traditional way, by coring them out, stuffing them whole, and either baking or grilling them (or frying them or broiling them or...STOP ME!), but the boat style gives a nice ratio of pepper to filling, and yeah, I just LOVE that.
These are great, and a nice combination. AND! Very easy to make, like most poppers. Basically, slice the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise, as mentioned, and core them out. I usually just use a spoon or a small knife to pull out the innards after they're sliced.
Cook up your shrimp, then chop them up once they're cooled enough. Mix them with goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic and a mixture of herbs. I used some herbs de provence, though you can use your favorites, and fresh would be great, too. I just love this combo, though.
Stuff and bake them up! They only take 20, maybe 30 minutes or so. The recipe calls for 10 jalapenos, though you may need more or less, depending on the size of the peppers.
Bring them to your next party and watch them disappear. Make people love you, whether you want it or not. OR, make them for yourself and enjoy. Keep them all for you. No one will blame you.
I hope you enjoy them. Let me know how they turn out! Send pics! -- Mike H.
Shrimp and Goat Cheese Jalapeno Poppers – Recipe
- 10 jalapeno peppers (or as many as you can fill)
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence + more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Set onto lightly oiled baking dishes.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook them a couple minutes per side, until they are pink and cooked through. Cool slightly and roughly chop them. Add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the goat cheese, Parmesan, garlic and tablespoon of Herbs de Provence. Mix well.
- Fill each jalapeno pepper with the shrimp-cheese mixture. You might have some leftover, depending on the size of your peppers. Just distribute evenly.
- Bake the jalapeno poppers about 20-30 minutes, or until the peppers soften and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then dust with extra dried herbs.
Makes 20 pieces.