Oven Baked Maple-Soy Candied Bacon
This recipe for candied bacon is maple syrup sweet and as spicy as you want it to be, with a rich, earthy dose of soy sauce. It is the perfect appetizer or party food. No one can resist candied bacon.
Holiday gathering? Make candied bacon.
Game day at your house? Make candied bacon.
Game day at someone else’s house? Make candied bacon.
Tailgaiting? Make candied bacon.
Any other party occasion? Make candied bacon.
Because candied bacon.
CANDIED BACON is GOOD!
Astonishing poetry aside, I simply can’t think of a reason why you shouldn’t make candied bacon for your next gathering. Even if you’re spending the evening alone with a bottle of wine and your favorite Netflix show streaming, call it a “personal gathering” and make yourself some candied bacon.
Calling it “meat candy” doesn’t make it sound as delicious as it is, but that is essentially what candied bacon is – it is delectable, addictive thick slices of bacon brushed with a mixture of earthy soy sauce, sweet maple syrup, with just a touch of added heat and spice from your choice of chili powder or chili flakes.
Whisk it all up. Brush it on your bacon. Bake it.
Eat candied bacon.
I like to use homemade ghost pepper flakes. This year I used chili flakes made from dehydrated Brain Strain peppers. Nice and spicy.
Take a bite of candied bacon. Now you are addicted. Now you know how I feel.
Make yourself more candied bacon because 12 slices isn’t enough.
I’m not going to be long winded here. Too busy making more candied bacon.
Go make yourself some of this candied bacon. You don’t even have to tell me how you like it. I already know you do. You love it.
Try Some of My Other Popular Bacon Recipes
- Ghost Pepper Candied Bacon
- Candied Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Tabasco Onion Bacon Jam
- Chipotle-Bacon-Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Cajun Candied Bacon
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Oven Baked Maple-Soy Candied Bacon - Recipe
- 1 pound thick cut bacon – 12 slices
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder - I like ghost pepper powder or flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce and chili powder in a bowl.
- Brush each slice of bacon, both sides, with the sweet mixture and lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until nice and crispy.
- Drain off the fat and brush again with extra maple-soy glaze. Serve.