Spice Rubbed Roasted Pork Tenderloin
This roasted pork tenderloin recipe is easy to prepare for a quick weeknight meal and could even make your holiday meal a breeze. It’s sweet and slightly spicy.
The holidays are approaching quickly, my friends. Are you considering a whole turkey? Do you fear the turkey? Or maybe you’re tired of turkey? Or hey, maybe you just want something different this year.
Consider pork tenderloin.
Pork tenderloin is a flavorful alternative that won’t break the bank, and it’s rather easy to prep and cook. Most of the time involved is waiting for it to cook up in the oven. Oh, the pain!
Pork tenderloin is a very tender cut and has a milder flavor. Because of that mildness, it takes perfectly to marinades and rubs.
This is OUTSTANDING if you’re a chilihead like me who LOVES and CRAVES bold flavors and spiciness. I have a feeling you might already know this about me by now.
The process is simple. Stir together your blend of seasonings with a bit of olive oil. This will help it adhere to the pork tenderloin and will add a bit of moisture as well.
I chose a blend of granulated garlic, vibrant paprika, spicy cayenne, dried basil, sweet brown sugar and a bit of salt and pepper.
I’ve made this recipe with several other spicy chili powders, usually homemade blends consisting of dried ground ajis, ghost peppers and 7 pot peppers, and even other milder blends, and it always turns out just right. So if you’re looking for something a bit spicier, feel free to incorporate your own preferred spicy pepper blend.
It will be GREAT!
Making the Spice Rubbed Roasted Pork Tenderloin – the Recipe Method
Go ahead and rub down the loin and bake it at 350 degrees F until you’ve reached an internal temperature of 150 degrees F.
Pop it out of the oven and let it rest to allow the juices to redistribute.
Carve it up and serve!
It’s an all-purpose recipe, so you can pretty much serve it with whatever sides you’d like. Pour some hot sauce on it. Whip together a spicy tomato sauce, or perhaps a sweet BBQ sauce. Check out our Spicy Sauce Recipes for some inspiration.
I like to serve this over a light potato-cauliflower mash. It’s just crazy good!
Let me know if you make it, and how it turns out for you. I hope you enjoy it. — Mike H.
Try Some of My Other Popular Related Recipes
- Chili Baked Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Pork Chops with South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce
- Feisty Italian Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Chili Rubbed Prime Rib Roast with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef with Guinness Gravy
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
- 1.5 pound pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring pork loin to room temperature and trim off any silverskin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, paprika, cayenne, basil, brown sugar and salt and pepper.
- Rub the pork loin down with the seasoning. Get it in there good with your hands.
- Bake for 35-45minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 150 degrees.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve!