This sandwich is idea for those days when a quick sandwich at the beach is in order so we made these while visiting the Florida Keys. Since avocados are easy to obtain and also very large, we found them perfect as a variation of one of our favorites - the egg salad sandwich. This version focuses heavily on the avocado, and we're happy for it. Don't forget the jalapeno peppers.
Avocado Salad Sandwich
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 large Florida avocado
- 1 jalapeno pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
- Salt to taste
- Peel and pit the avocado. Chop and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add peeled hard boiled eggs, jalapeno, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Stir to form a lumpy mixture.
- Add salt to taste.
- Split mixture between 2 slices of toasted bread.
- Top with remaining bread and serve.