Holiday Gifts and Ideas for Chileheads
A list of gift ideas for the spicy food lover or total chilihead in your life. Give the gift of heat!
The holidays are here, my friends! I hope you’re busy making your recipe lists, but don’t forget your gift lists! If you’re like me, you might enjoy making and giving your own homemade foods as gifts to friends and family, like homemade hot sauce, homemade jellies and jams, or even Homemade Spice Blends, but if that’s not your thing, I’ve compiled a list of spicy hot sauces, gifts and books most spicy food lovers and total chileheads will love. I know I would!
These are all affiliate links to Amazon, btw. Just so you know. But all products I personally love and would LOVE to receive myself! Bring on the spice! CHEERS to all the chiliheads in your life, and I hope you all have a FABULOUS (and spicy) holiday season.
Spicy Gift Ideas for Chileheads
“The Spicy Food Lovers’ Cookbook” is packed with 75 recipes for spicy food lovers of all levels, with easy recipes for seafood, from the land, handhelds, slow cooker meals, pressure cooker, pasta and so much more. If you love it spicy, you need this book.
The perfect book for hot sauce enthusiasts, Michael Hultquist will share how to make your own spice blends from dehydrated chilies, as well as how to make hot sauce leathers and extra flavorful jerky. He will also teach you fresh, new ways to utilize a dehydrator–for delicious soups, hot sauces and meals in a jar.
Speaking of dehydrating, a dehydrator makes an excellent gift for foodies. Use my book to learn how to make jerkies, fruit leathers, your own homemade seasoning blends and so much more.
This thing is awesome! Make your own homemade corn or flour tortillas. They’re so fresh, so much better than anything you can get from the store.
I use this large mortar and pestle all the time for making chili pastes, authentic salsas, even homemade guacamole.
MORE HOT SAUCE! Give the Gift of Hot Sauce
These are some of my personal favorites, along with some collectibles.
- Lucky Dog – Dia Del Perro Hot Sauce
- Tears of the Sun
- Bigfat’s 6o8 Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce (3 Pack)
- Foo Foo Mama Choo Hot Sauce with Smoking Ed’s Carolina Reaper Pepper
- Cajohns Reaper Sling Blade Hot Sauce
- Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Hot Sauce
- Ass Kickin Xtreme Heat Hot Sauce
- Dave’s Gourmet Ultimate Insanity Hot Sauce, 5-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
- Blair’s 3am Reserve Hot Sauce , 2.5 oz
Hot Sauce Making Kits
If youhave yet to start making your own hot sauce at home, these kits will help you begin. Great ideas!
- Deluxe Hot Sauce Making Kit – Includes Everything Needed to Make 6 Sauces
- Hot Sauce Kit (Makes 7 Lip Smacking Gourmet Bottles) Featuring Heirloom Peppers From 5th Generation Farmers, A Full Set Of Recipes, Storing Bottles & More!
Books Make GREAT Gifts
Here is a collection of books on making hot sauce, cooking with hot sauce, and a couple books that I have written with recipes and more.
- Hot Sauce!: Techniques for Making Signature Hot Sauces, with 32 Recipes to Get You Started; Includes 60 Recipes for Using Your Hot Sauces
- The Hot Sauce Cookbook: Turn Up the Heat with 60+ Pepper Sauce Recipes
- Hot Sauce Cookbook: The Book of Fiery Salsa and Hot Sauce Recipes
- Fiery Ferments: 70 Stimulating Recipes for Hot Sauces, Spicy Chutneys, Kimchis with Kick, and Other Blazing Fermented Condiments – I can’t recommend this book enough. It is super informative.
I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL and SPICY holiday!
Mike and Patty Hultquist