Cincinnati Chili Recipe
Cincinnati chili is a chili unlike any other, filled with a beguiling mix of Mediterranean spices and chili powder, a beloved regional favorite. Make it tonight with this recipe.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 quart + one cup tomato juice canned
- 1 whole large onion
- 1 can kidney beans
- 4 tablespoons chili powder more or less as desired
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon milled black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 whole bay leaves
- 1.5 teaspoons vinegar I used red wine vinegar
- 2 large dashes Worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Submerge the onion.
Break up the uncooked beef as fine as you can.
Cook on medium-low heat, uncovered, for two hours, stirring every 20 mins.
Remove onion and bay leaves.
Serve with your favorite fixins.
Heat Factor: Mild
Or, serve it over a hot dog with mustard, onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
- 2 Way - Cincinnati chili over spaghetti
- 3 Way - Cincinnati chili over spaghetti with cheddar cheese
- 4 Way - Cincinnati chili over spaghetti with cheddar cheese, with either diced onions or beans
- 5 Way - Cincinnati chili over spaghetti, with both diced onions or beans
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1032mg | Potassium: 756mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1890IU | Vitamin C: 29.6mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3.8mg