Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
A light but creamy Cajun-seasoned pasta made with seared chicken breast, tomato paste and light cream cheese, with plenty of vegetables and flavor. Done in a half hour or less.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock + more as needed
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream or crema
- 8-10 ounces prepared pasta noodles – I used fettucine
- Sliced lemon and chopped parsley for serving
Heat a large pan to medium heat and add olive oil.
Add chicken, onion, peppers and celery. Cook about 7-8 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and the chicken is mostly cooked through.
Add garlic and stir. Cook about a minute.
Add tomato paste, stock, Cajun seasoning and a bit of salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
Swirl in cream cheese and sour cream. Stir to incorporate.
Add cooked noodles and stir.
Serve into bowls and top with lemon and parsley. Enjoy!
Calories: 732kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 943mg | Potassium: 1700mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2120IU | Vitamin C: 61.5mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 4.4mg