Spicy Thai Curry Chicken Soup
This easy-to-make Thai soup recipe has plenty of spice to warm the bones, and it will fill you up with plenty of chicken, coconut milk, rice and lots of seasoning.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 red fingerling peppers chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai curry chile paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 can coconut milk 14 ounces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup white rice prepared and set aside
- Fresh cut limes for serving
- Chopped parsley for serving
Heat a large pan or wok to medium heat. Add olive oil and heat.
Add onion, celery and chili peppers. Cook about 6-7 minutes, until they are all softened and begin to brown.
Add garlic and cookanother minute.
Add chicken, red chile paste, curry, cumin, ginger and cayenne. Stir and cook about 2 minutes to heat through.
Add coconut milk, chicken stock and bay leaves. Stir. Heat to a slight boil then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in prepared rice and cook another 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
Serve into bowls and top with freshly squeezed lime juice and parsley.
Calories: 717kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 825mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 43.7mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg