Spicy Salmon Marinade Recipe
This spicy salmon marinade recipe makes the most flavorful salmon, made with soy sauce, spicy brown mustard, chili flakes and more. Super easy to make.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard I use spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey or use brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or juice from ½ lemon
- 1 serrano pepper diced (or use even hotter peppers to really spice things up - optional, for extra spicy)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes to taste use ¼ to 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- 2 6- ounce salmon fillets
Whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, honey or brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes in a mixing bowl until well combined.
Place the salmon in a large zip-lock bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate at least 15 to 20 minutes, or for 1 hour before cooking.
You can also set the salmon into a wide pan or bowl and cover them with the marinade, then top with plastic wrap.
Works great with any salmon recipe.
Calories are calculated without the salmon.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 3243mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg