Spicy Ramen Noodles Recipe
This spicy ramen noodles recipe is easy to make and so much better than store bought ramen, plus you can make it as spicy as you want! Ready in minutes!
- 5 cups chicken broth or use vegetable broth
- 2 serrano peppers sliced (use jalapeno for milder)
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 thumb sized knob of fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons gochujang or to taste - I usually use 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon chili crisp or use hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek or use chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Sriracha to taste or use your favorite hot sauce
- 4 ounces ramen noodles
- 1/2 pound shrimp peeled and deveined (or use other cooked proteins)
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- Fresh chopped parsley, green onion, spicy chili flakes, sesame seeds for serving
Add the chicken broth to a large pot and heat to medium heat.
Stir in serrano peppers, garlic, ginger, gochujang, chili crisp, soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek, vinegar and sriracha. Stir until everything is completely incorporated.
Simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors develop.
Stir in the noodles and shrimp (or other cooked proteins) and cook until the noodles are softened and the shrimp is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Serve into bowls and garnish with sliced soft boiled eggs, fresh chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, green onion and sesame seeds.
Calories: 698kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 471mg | Sodium: 2994mg | Potassium: 919mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 373IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 243mg | Iron: 7mg