Dan Dan Noodles Recipe
This dan dan noodles recipe is made with thin noodles coated in a spicy sauce that is loaded with Sichuan flavors, perfect for spicy noodle lovers.
FOR THE PORK
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil peanut oil is great
- 12 ounces ground pork
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped ginger peeled
- 1/3 cup Sui Mi Ya Cai Sichuan Preserved Mustard Greens - use Kimchi as a substitute, or omit if desired
DAN DAN NOODLES SAUCE
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chili oil
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste tahini
- 1 teaspoon 5 spice powder or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns coarsely ground
- 8 ounces Dan Dan noodles boiled per packaging instructions - or use wheat noodles or egg noodles
- For Serving: Sesame seeds, picy red pepper flakes, chopped green onion, chopped roasted peanuts
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large pan over medium heat. Add the pork with salt and pepper to taste and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, breaking it apart.
Add the garlic, ginger and sui mi ya cai (if using). Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
Add the chicken broth, chili oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, tahini, 5 spice powder and Sichuan peppercorns. Stir to incorporate. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
Remove from heat and stir in prepared noodles. Toss with sesame seeds, chili flakes, green onions and chopped roasted peanuts.
Calories: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 738mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg