Chicken Ramen Recipe
This spicy chicken ramen recipe is easy-to-make comfort food, so much better than store bought ramen, with lots of chicken, noodles and veggies in a piquant broth. One of our favorites!
FOR THE CHICKEN RAMEN BROTH
- 5 cups chicken broth or use vegetable broth
- 2 serrano peppers sliced (use 1 jalapeno for milder)
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 thumb sized knob of fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons gochujang or to taste - I usually use 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon chili crisp or use hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek or use chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Sriracha to taste or use your favorite hot sauce
FOR THE CHICKEN RAMEN
- 6 ounces boneless chicken use chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 4 ounces ramen noodles
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced
- 6 shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 2 soft boiled eggs sliced in half
- Fresh chopped parsley green onion, spicy chili flakes for serving
MAKE THE CHICKEN RAMEN BROTH
Add the chicken broth to a large pot and heat to medium heat.
Stir in serrano peppers, garlic, ginger, gochujang, chili crisp, soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek, vinegar and sriracha. Stir until everything is completely incorporated. Bring to a boil.
CHICKEN AND RAMEN NOODLES
Add the chicken to the ramen broth and reduce the heat to simmer. Poach the chicken for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Remove the chicken and shred it in a bowl with a couple of forks. Set aside until ready to use.
Add the ramen noodles to the broth and cook until the noodles are softened, about 5 minutes.
While the chicken is poaching or noodles are cooking, heat a pan or wok to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Add the carrots and stir fry for 2-3 minutes to soften. Set them into a bowl and toss them with a bit more sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
Heat the pan or wok back to medium heat and add the mushrooms. Stir fry the mushroom slices for 1-2 minutes, to preference. Set into a bowl and toss with a bit more sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt.
ASSEMBLE THE CHICKEN RAMEN
Remove the ramen noodles from the broth and distribute to 2 large bowls.
Top each with half the chicken, carrots, mushrooms and sliced soft boiled eggs.
Pour the ramen broth evenly into the bowls.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, green onion and sliced peppers. Serve.
Calories: 721kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 239mg | Sodium: 2233mg | Potassium: 1301mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5501IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 5mg