Homemade Fire Cider - Recipe
Learn how to make your own homemade version of this healthy folk remedy that aids digestion and helps ward off the flu and the common cold, among other health benefits.
- 1 6-7 inch horseradish root scrubbed, peeled and finelydiced
- 1 6-7 inch ginger root scrubbed, peeled and finely diced
- 1 6-7 inch turmeric root scrubbed, peeled and finely diced
- 2 heads garlic peeled and finely diced
- 6 tablespoons habanero pepper mash See How to Make Fermented Pepper Mash or use 3-4 fresh habanero peppers, chopped
- 1 orange quartered
- 1 lemon quartered
- 3 tablespoons peppercorns
- 2 quarts raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (with The "Mother")
Add all of the ingredients to a couple of 2-quart Ball jars or canning jars. Make sure there is enough raw apple cider vinegar to cover the ingredients.
Shake and let sit in a cool, dark place like your cupboard for 4 weeks, shaking occasionally.
Strain and use as needed.
NOTE: You can add in a bit of honey if you'd like a sweeter version.
Yield: About 1.5 quarts or so.
The calories are based on about 1 tablespoon per serving.
See How to Make Fermented Pepper Mash for more information.
Calories: 11kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 24mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.1mg