Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce – Recipe
Get this recipe for spicy pepper sauce made with fiery Scotch Bonnet peppers and a mix of Jamaican seasonings. Great for chicken and seafood.
- 10 Scotch Bonnet peppers chopped
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 chayote peeled and chopped
- ½ cucumber chopped
- 1 mango peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup pickled jalapeno peppers chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 2 limes plus lime zest
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until nice and smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a large pot and bring to a quick boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour to let the flavors mingle.
Cool, then transfer to a container and seal. Refrigerate at least 1 day to let flavors develop.
Makes about 1 quart.
Heat Factor: Hot, though you can easily dial back on the Scotch Bonnet peppers if you'd like a milder version.
Calories: 52kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 654mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2005IU | Vitamin C: 41.4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.9mg