Easy BBQ Skewer Party
Need an easy summer party idea? How about a BBQ skewer party? All it takes are some simple ingredients, skewers, good friends and refreshments. Here’s how.
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound chicken breast cut 1 inch chunks
- 1 pound pork loin cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces whole white mushrooms
- 1 large zucchini sliced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large white onion sliced into equivalent sized cubes
- 3 large bell peppers red, yellow orange, seeded and sliced into chunks
- 1 large pineapple peeled, cored, and sliced into 1 inch cubes
- Fresh sliced lemons
- Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Fresh herbs
Add the chicken and pork loin to a large bowl.
Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, parsley, basil, thyme, pepper and salt. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Add the shrimp and stir to coat.Marinate another 10 minutes.
Separate the meats into separate bowls, along with all of the other vegetables and fruit in separate bowls.
Allow our guests to thread their own skewers.
Fire up the grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grates. Grill each skewer 10-12 minutes, or until the meats are cooked through and the veggies/fruit are softened.
Serve with sweet BBQ sauce, lemon wedges for squeezing over the top, and sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 63.9mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.6mg