Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
This is the best homemade taco seasoning recipe with my favorite mix of chili powder, spices and herbs, pure flavor, way better than any store bought mix.
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (Use an American chili powder blend - I use equal parts ancho, guajillo, and New Mexican chili powders)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal (optional, as a thickener)
In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
Use as you would use any store bought brand of taco seasoning.
Heat Factor: Mild-Medium. You can play with the heat to your preference by including or not including spicy red chili flakes. If you're looking for hotter, add in some spicy cayenne powder, or get crazy like me and include a bit of ghost pepper powder. I love it!
Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 347mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 1405IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.5mg