Pulled Pork Mexican Torta Sandwich - Recipe
Make your own Mexican Torta with pork at home with this recipe, just like your favorite Mexican restaurant, with seasoned pulled pork, refried beans, homemade guacamole and more.
- 6 ounces prepared pulled pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons or more of your favorite Taco seasoning
- Picante sauce or red salsa
- 4-6 ounces refried beans
- Mexican crema - sour cream is OK, too
- Perfect homemade guacamole
- 2 torta buns lightly toasted - or similar buns if you can't find them
- Sliced tomatoes chopped cilantro, lime wedges and your favorite hot sauce for serving
Heat a small pan to medium heat and add olive oil. Add your prepared pork and give it a sear.
Add about a quarter cup of water along with the taco seasonings and stir. Reduce heat to simmer and allow the liquid to reduce.
Add a couple tablespoons of picante or red salsa to the pork and stir. Cook until nicely heated.
Add the refried beans to a small pot along with a couple more tablespoons of the picante/salsa. Heat and stir to combine.
Construct your tortillas by smearing refried beans on the bottom bun, then top with pulled pork. Top with tomatoes and cilantro.
Smear crema over the top bun and add a nice dollop of homemade guacamole over the top.
Top the torta, careful not to spill out the awesome stuff, and serve with extra hot sauce, lime, hot sauce and extra cilantro.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 686mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2.4mg