Prime Rib Sandwich Recipe with Horseradish Cream Sauce
This amazing prime sandwich recipe is perfect for leftover prime rib roast, served on toasted Italian rolls, topped with melted cheese and zesty horseradish cream sauce. One of my favorite sandwiches!
- FOR THE PRIME RIB SANDWICHES
- 8-10 ounces medium-rare prime rib sliced thin
- 2 Italian rolls lightly toasted
- 3 ounces shredded Colby or sharp cheddar cheese
- FOR THE HORSERADISH CREAM SAUCE
- ½ cup crema or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR TOPPING
- 2 jalapeno peppers roasted and sliced into rings
Divide the thinly sliced prime rib onto the Italian rolls. If you want a warmer sandwich, you can heat the prime rib in a lightly oiled pan for a minute or so beforehand.
Top with shredded cheese.
Set into a toaster oven and toast until the cheese is nicely melted, about 4 minutes or so. Remove from heat.
In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, horseradish, mustard and vinegar. Adjust with salt and pepper.
Pour over the melted cheese, then top with sliced roasted jalapeno peppers.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 499mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 6.3mg