Jalapeno Margarita Recipe
A jalapeno margarita recipe made with jalapeno-infused tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice, and agave nectar. Tasty, spicy, and refreshing. Very easy to make!
Servings: 1 margarita
- 1.5 oz. silver tequila (or use Tanteo Jalapeno Tequila for more pronounced jalapeno flavor)
- .5 ounce orange liquer
- 4 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice - about 2 small limes
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar (or more to taste)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
- FOR SERVING: Extra jalapeno slices, Lime wedges, Tajin seasoning + Salt and lime wedge to rim the glass
First, combine the tequila, lime juice, agave nectar and jalapeno slices in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Give it a good 30 seconds of shaking to really infused that tequila. Shake longer if you'd like even more flavor.
Rub a lime wedge around the top of your margarita glass. Pour the salt and tajin seasoning onto a small plate, then dip the glass into it to coat the rim. The lime juice will help the salt-tajin mixture stick.
Strain the liquid into the margarita glass.
Garnish with a lime wedge and extra jalapeno slices, if desired.
Heat Factor: Medium. You'll get a good spice level with the jalapeno peppers. Try it with a habanero for an extra spicy margarita!
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 16mg