Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
A light but creamy Cajun chicken pasta recipe with seared chicken breast, tomato paste and light cream cheese, with huge flavor. An easy pasta dinner! Done in a half hour or less.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock + more as needed
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream or crema
- 8-10 ounces prepared pasta noodles
- Sliced lemon and chopped parsley for serving
Heat a large pan to medium heat and add olive oil.
Add chicken, onion, peppers and celery. Cook about 7-8 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and the chicken is mostly cooked through.
Add garlic and stir. Cook about a minute.
Add tomato paste, stock, Cajun seasoning and a bit of salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
Swirl in cream cheese and sour cream. Stir to incorporate.
Add cooked noodles and stir.
Serve into bowls and top with lemon and parsley. Enjoy!
Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 699mg | Potassium: 1263mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1557IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3mg