Mexican Corn Dip – Recipe
This party favorite recipe is made with fresh corn and jalapeno peppers, lots of cheese and Mexican seasonings, then baked to cheesy perfection. Serve it with chips. You may need to make a double batch.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- Corn from 3 ears
- 1 tablespoon favorite hot sauce – I used a Louisiana style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro + more for serving
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all of the cheeses together in a large bowl, but reserve a bit of the cheddar and cotija for a final topping.
Stir in the jalapeno, corn, hot sauce, seasonings and cilantro.
Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
Top the dish with the remaining cheeses and bake for another 5 minutes. This will make the top nice and smooth and inviting.
Remove and garnish with extra cilantro.
Heat Factor: Mild, though you can up the heat with extra hot sauce or by incorporating spicier peppers into the mix.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 857mg | Potassium: 110mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1440IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 0.7mg