– Heat a large pan and add the dried peppers. Dry toast them in the hot pan until the skins darken.
– Remove from heat and add the toasted peppers to a large bowl.
– Cover with boiling water and steep until softened.
– While the peppers are rehydrating, heat the olive oil in the same pan. Add the onion and tomatoes and cook to soften. Add the garlic and cook.
– Add the cooked onion, tomatoes and garlic to a food processor. Remove the softened chilies and add to the food processor, but reserve the soaking liquid.
– When you’re ready to cook, add the meat with all of the marinade, the chopped roasted tomatoes and remaining beef broth to a large pot.
– Cover and cook until the meat is fork tender and easy to shred.
– Remove the meat and shred it with forks to your preference. Reserve most of the birria sauce (consome).
– Boil the ramen noodles according to the packaging. Drain, divide between bowls.
– Top with shredded beef birria, then cover with the reserved birria consome (flavorful broth).
Add your toppings, garnish and serve.
– Boom! Done! Your delicious birria ramen is ready to serve.