– Add the pinch of saffron to a small bowl and cover with water to let the saffron bloom.
– Add the chicken broth to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
– While the broth is heating, heat the oil in a large pan.
– Add the onion, peppers, chicken, and Spanish chorizo sausage. Cook to soften the vegetables and cook the chicken mostly through.
– Add the garlic and cook.
– Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the rice has absorbed the liquid and is tender to your preference.
– Tuck the shrimp and mussels into the top of the rice and cover.
– Cook until the shrimp and mussels cook through, and a crispy crust forms on the bottom of the pan.
– Remove from heat, garnish and serve.