White BBQ Sauce (aka Alabama White Sauce) Recipe
Different from any other bbq sauce, this white bbq sauce (aka Alabama white sauce) uses mayo as a base, along with vinegar, sugars and spices. A southern favorite!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard I use a spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish I use a hot horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste I use ½ teaspoon each
Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
Use the white bbq sauce right away, or transfer to a sealable jar and refrigerate a few hours to let the flavors develop and meld.
Spice Factor: Mild, though you can spice it up if you’d like with hotter powders and/or chili flakes. This isn’t meant to be hot.
Makes about 1.5 cups/24 tablespoons.
Will last a week in the refrigerator or longer.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 14mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg