Zesty Carne Asada Marinade Recipe
To make the best carne asada, you need a great carne asada marinade recipe. Mine is a perfect blend of seasonings and flavors for the best I've ever had.
- 1-2 serrano peppers minced (or use jalapeno peppers for a milder version)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ - ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- Juice from 2 large oranges about a ¾ cup
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar apple cider vinegar is good, too
- 1 tablespoon ancho powder optional, but I LOVE it
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pound skirt or flank steak for marinating
Whisk all of the ingredients (except for the steak) in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
Alternatively, you can process the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
To use the marinade, add it to a large sealable bag with the steak and rub it thoroughly into the meat. Seal and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for more flavor penetration.
Discard the marinade, then grill the marinated steak on the grill for 8-10 minutes per side, or until cooked to your liking. 135 degrees F is medium-rare. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes, then slice it against the grain and serve it up.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 555mg | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2.9mg