We loved this grown-up version of mac & cheese with buffalo chicken. Was a big hit with my family, had a request to make some more for the next day, as there were no leftovers. Very tasty, spicy, and cheesy. It's a keeper, Thanks Mike for sharing your delish recipes.~ Boo
– Prepare your macaroni noodles by boiling them in lightly salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
– While the noodles are boiling, heat the butter in a large pot to medium heat. Once melted, stir in the flour and stir continuously.
– Slowly pour in the milk. Bring to a boil, the reduce heat to simmer. Stir until smooth.
– Stir in the cream cheese until melted through.
– Stir in the shredded cheeses a bit at a time until melted through and the sauce is nice and creamy.