This boneless wings recipe is easy to make with chunks of tender chicken lightly breaded and fried until golden and crispy, then slathered in homemade Buffalo Sauce. Better than any restaurant!
Boneless Wings Recipe
It's Boneless Buffalo Wings time in the Chili Pepper Madness kitchen tonight, my friends. Would you care for some of these?
We love Buffalo wings in our home, and often go out to the local pub for quick spicy wings. As a spicy food lover, they're easy to find and usually satisfy that spicy craving we all have.
As much as I love traditional wings, I love to mix it up with boneless wing every now and they. Boneless wings are simply chicken breast that is breaded and fried, then slathered with spicy, tangy Buffalo sauce.
They're great for game day or party situations, or really for any day of the week. When you're craving them, there's no need to rush out to the pub. These homemade boneless Buffalo wings are better than the restaurant.
They're nice and crispy with a good level of spice, and extra saucy in a homemade Buffalo sauce that is very easy to make. I think you're going to love these, my spicy food loving friends!
Let's talk about how to make boneless Buffalo wings, shall we?
Boneless Wings Ingredients
- FOR THE BONELESS WINGS
- Chicken Breast. Boneless, skinless chicken breast is best for making boneless chicken wings. You can use chicken thigh, but the breast meat is so much better.
- Flour. For breading the boneless wings.
- Seasonings. I typically use my homemade Cajun seasonings for this, plus salt and pepper, but you can use your favorites. What's your secret seasoning blend of choice? Got a favorite?
- Buttermilk. You can also use milk instead.
- Vegetable Oil. For frying.
- FOR THE BUFFALO SAUCE
- Hot Sauce. Use a good Louisiana style hot sauce. Franks is very popular, though I often use Valentina HOT.
- Vinegar. I use apple cider vinegar, but white vinegar is great, too.
- Worcestershire Sauce. Flavor bomb, my friends!
- For Serving. Blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing, celery sticks.
How to Make Boneless Wings with Buffalo Sauce - the Recipe Method
FOR THE BONELESS WINGS
Create Your Breading Station. Stir together the flour, salt and pepper and seasonings in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and buttermilk until combined.
Bread the Boneless Wings. Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture, then into the seasoned flour mixture. Set onto a plate to rest for 10 minutes.
For extra crispy boneless chicken wings, dip the breaded chicken nuggets one more time into the flour mixture before frying them.
Fry the Boneless Wings. Heat several inches of frying oil heated to 350 degrees F in a large pot or Dutch oven. Do not boil. Fry the boneless wings for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
They should register 165 degrees F internally when measured with a meat thermometer. You can use a deep fryer to deep fry the chicken as well.
Drain the Boneless Wings. Remove and set onto a paper towel lined plate or baking sheet to drain excess oil.
MAKE THE BUFFALO SAUCE
Heat and Whisk. Heat the butter, hot sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce in a sauce pan until the butter melts. Whisk vigorously until the sauce thickens up. Add to a small bowl.
Sauce Them Boneless Chicken Wings! Slather the boneless wings with homemade Buffalo sauce and serve with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing as a dipping sauce and celery sticks on the side.
Boom! Done! Your spicy boneless chicken wings are ready to serve. Don't they look amazing? With all that delicious Buffalo sauce? I could eat this entire batch.
Medium to Medium-Hot, depending on the hot sauce you've chosen. Most Buffalo sauces are more medium level of heat for most chiliheads, surely big on flavor, but not overly hot.
If you'd like to up that heat factor, include a hot chili powder into the sauce. I usually add a bit of ghost pepper powder to mine to bring up the heat.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- The Buffalo Sauce. You can use your favorite store bought Buffalo sauce for this recipe, but nothing beats homemade. I've included a simple version with this recipe, but also check out my Homemade Buffalo Sauce Recipe, which layers in a few more ingredients and really ups that awesome flavor. Nothin beats homemade!
- The Seasonings. As mentioned, I use a simple Cajun blend to spice things up, but you can easily skip them if you'd like, as you'll get plenty of flavor from the Buffalo sauce. But, if you're looking to bring it to the next flavor level, add in some of your favorites. A simple mixture of cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper will do wonders. Go with your personal favorite blend.
- Ranch or Blue Cheese? People love to debate which is better, ranch or blue cheese dressing? Go ahead and argue! This recipe works with either dressing for dipping, my friends! I'm more of a blue cheese guy, while Patty picks ranch every time.
Storage and Leftovers
Store any leftover boneless wings in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 5 days. The best way to reheat them is on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10 to 20 minutes, or in an air fryer.
That's it, my friends. I hope you enjoy my boneless Buffalo wings recipe. Let me know if you make it. I'd love to hear how it turned out for you. Keep it spicy!
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Boneless Buffalo Wings Recipe
FOR THE BONELESS WINGS
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast sliced into bite-sized nuggets or chunks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon spicy seasoning blend I use a Cajun blend. What's YOUR secret blend of choice?
- Salt and pepper to taste about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon each
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk or you can use milk
- Vegetable Oil for frying
FOR THE BUFFALO SAUCE
- 1 stick butter - 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons
- ½ cup Louisiana style hot sauce - Franks is very popular though I use Valentina HOT
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- For Serving. Blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing celery sticks
FOR THE BONELESS WINGS
- Stir together the flour, seasonings and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and buttermilk until combined.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture, then into the seasoned flour mixture. Set onto a plate to rest for 10 minutes. (For extra crispy, dip each chicken piece twice).
- Heat several inches of frying oil heated to 350 degrees F in a large pot or Dutch oven. Do not boil.
- Fry the boneless wings for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. They should register 165 degrees F internally when measured with a meat thermometer.
- Remove and set onto a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
MAKE THE BUFFALO SAUCE
- Heat the butter, hot sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce in a sauce pan until the butter melts. Whisk vigorously until the sauce thickens up.
- Slather the boneless wings with homemade Buffalo sauce and serve with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing and celery sticks on the side.