Cajun Ham and Turkey Tater Tot Casserole – Recipe
This tater tot casserole recipe is hearty and filling, made with oven roasted turkey, slow roasted ham, lots of Cajun spices, and topped with golden tater tots. Bring your appetite!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 jalapeño pepper chopped
- 1 serrano pepper chopped (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup crema or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5.5 ounces Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham chopped
- 5.5 ounces Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast chopped
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 32 ounce bag tater tots frozen
- FOR SERVING: Spicy chili flakes fresh chopped herbs, hot sauce as desired
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat a 14-inch cast iron pan to medium heat. Add butter and let it melt.
Add the flour and stir to form a roux. Stir constantly until the mixture begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the onion, peppers and celery. Cook down for about 5 minutes to soften.
Add the garlic and cook another minute, stirring.
Add the chicken broth, Cajun seasonings and salt and pepper. Stir continuously until it thickens up, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the crema or sour cream until it is incorporated through.
Stir in the ham and turkey.
Top the whole thing with shredded cheese.
Top with tater tots and bake for 30 minutes, or until the tots are crispy brown.
Sprinkle with spicy chili flakes and fresh chopped herbs. Enjoy!
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1184mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 915IU | Vitamin C: 26.9mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 1.4mg