Here’s a fun seafood chili recipe you can dig into. We busted out the black tiger prawns for this one, thick and heavy shrimp that will satisfy your cravings for shrimp, all wrapped up into a nice and spicy chili recipe.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (pick your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and poblano pepper in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, hot sauce, cumin, chili powder and basil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Add shrimp; simmer 10 minutes longer or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve with rice if desired.
- Makes about 4 servings.