Spice up your summer cocktail menu with this fiery drink recipe made with homemade mango puree, fresh basil and Tanteo’s new Habanero Tequila. It’s sure to be a party smash!
This post is sponsored by Tanteo – http://www.tanteotequila.com
I don’t know about you, but summer is still blazing along where I live, and I’m totally loving it. The temps are still wonderfully warm, the days are still nice and long, and parties are busting out everywhere. In fact, we’re going to a party this weekend and we’ve been tasked with bringing a fun cocktail that suits our spicy loving friends.
Lucky for them we have a brand new bottle of Tanteo Habanero Tequila!
We have a LOT of spicy food and cocktail loving friends, and we know they’re going to love this particular drink for the party.
It’s a fiery and refreshing mix we’re dubbing “The Summer Heat Wave”, made with Tanteo Habanero Tequila, mango puree with fresh basil, lemon juice, a bit of agave for sweetness, and club soda.
We chose mango because mangoes are in season at the moment and we found an entire box of them on sale for $3 at our local grocer. Talk about a deal. They were perfectly ripe and ready to be made into a party cocktail, calling out to me the way certain foods do. “Buy me! Juice me! Drink me!”
So that’s what we did. And truly, aren’t mangoes and habaneros perfect summer ingredients?
One of the keys here, is in making the mango puree. It’s an easy process, but you’ll want to be sure to process and strain it properly to achieve the smoothest texture possible.
Essentially, peel and slice the mango, careful to only use the softest of the mango flesh. Process the slices in a food processor with fresh basil, lemon juice, and agave nectar until nice and smooth.
You’ll notice the resulting mixture is rather thick, but once you strain it through a fine sieve, you’ll have a thinner puree that is ready for mixing.
Shake up the mango puree with tequila and club soda and BOOM! Amazing summer cocktail flavor!
This stuff is incredible. For your next party, bring in the summer heat with Tanteo Habanero and this fruity, smooth mango puree and understand what it means to enjoy summertime in a glass.
Tell them Mike from Chili Pepper Madness sent you. Or contact your local liquor store and have them order up a bottle or 3 for you.
Check out Tanteo on social media and let them know how much you love them.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tanteo
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tanteotequila
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tanteotequila/
Summer Heat Wave – a Fiery Mango-Habanero Cocktail - Recipe
- 3 mangos peeled and chopped
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoon agave
- 12 ounces Tanteo Habanero Tequila
- 6 ounces club soda
- Lemon wheels to garnish
- Peel and slice the mangos, then coarsely chop the fruit.
- Add it to a food processor along with basil, lemon juice and agave. Process until smooth.
- Strain the puree through a fine sieve and discardthe solids. It should make about 1-1/4 cup of mango puree.
- For a single cocktail, add 2 ounces Tanteo Habanero Tequila, 1.5 ounces mango puree, and 1 ounce club soda to a shaker with ice. Shake to combine.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a lemon wheel.