Spicy Homemade Snap Pea Crisps are high in fiber, spice, and satisfaction! This healthy, crisp snack recipe features sugar snap peas tossed with hot sauce and chili flakes that are dehydrated to crunchy perfection.
Spicy Homemade Snap Pea Crisps
Bust out the dehydrator, my friends! It's time to make what just may become your new favorite snack.
We're talking crispy, crunchy sugar snap peas that have been drenched in your favorite hot sauce, a healthy dose of spicy chili flakes and a bit of salt, then dried in your dehydrator until they crackle.
I used to dehydrate any sweet sugar snap peas I had left over from other recipes so they wouldn’t go bad in the refrigerator, but now I buy them specifically for this recipe.
Seasoned with hot sauce and spicy chili flakes, they offer up a zesty crunch when dehydrated.
They’re the perfect healthy snack. Making them is a "snap!" Sorry, couldn't resist.
Ingredients in Spicy Snap Pea Crisps
You only need 4 inexpensive ingredients to make this easy snack recipe!
- Fresh sugar snap peas
- Hot sauce
- Spicy chili flakes
- Flaky sea salt
How to Make Snap Pea Crisps in the Dehydrator
Toss the ingredients together. Toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Be sure to get every sugar snap pea nicely coated with the sauce and ingredients.
Dehydrate the snap peas. Spread the sugar snap peas over dehydrator sheets and dry them at 135°F for 6-8 hours, or until they are completely dried through.
It helps to stir them up a bit after a few hours to dry more quickly. They should finish very dry and brittle.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Use your favorite hot sauce. The choice of hot sauce is up to you. Choose a good artisan sauce or go with something commercial like Tabasco or a sriracha. Also, feel free to use more hot sauce to your liking. Sauce those babies up! Nice and spicy for you!
- Speed up the process. I like to open up the dehydrator a few hours in and shake up the peas a little bit to speed up the drying.
- Check the texture. You don't want any moisture remaining. Once fully dehydrated, the snap peas should be very crisp and brittle and should snap when you apply pressure.
These should last you a while, so feel free to make an extra large batch. Just store them in airtight baggies in a cool, dark place. Spicy, healthy, crunchy homemade snacks at your service!
Spicy Homemade Snap Pea Crisps Recipe
- 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Toss the snap peas, hot sauce, chili flakes and salt in a bowl. Be sure to get every sugar snap pea nicely coated with the sauce and ingredients.
- Spread the sugar snap peas over dehydrator sheets and dry them at 135°F for 6-8 hours, or until they are completely dried through. It helps to stir them up a bit after a few hours to dry more quickly. They should finish very dry and brittle.
- Store them in an airtight container in a cool, dark place, or if you’re like me, enjoy them right away.