Homemade Bagel Chips
Make your own crispy, crunchy bagel chips at home with this recipe with a dehydrator or oven baked. Beware, they’re addictive!
Who is in the mood for snacks? I am. I’m more of the crunchy-salty type of snack guy, though, so I gravitate toward crispy chips and such, though a lot of that stuff isn’t very good for you. Right? It isn’t smart to nosh down an entire bag of oily potato chips. Well not always. =)
I like to make more of my snacks at home, homemade versions, so I can control what goes into them, and so I can limit the amounts I make as well. This is why I love my dehydrator. Dehydrator snacks are healthier and they won’t burst the belly, and to be honest, they’re fun to make.
Like this recipe – Homemade Bagel Chips.
These bagel chips are very crispy-crunchy, right up my alley. They satisfy that crunchy need I crave.
Bagel chips are ideal if you have old bagels that you want to use up. I like to freeze older bagels so I can make these anytime I’d like.
The great thing is, you can make these a couple different ways – either with a dehydrator or an oven. With the oven, you’re likely to get more browing on the chips, more like a toasty crunch factor. With a dehydrator, you’ll get the purest bagel chip experience. The choice is yours. It is easier to add other seasonings with the oven method, so each method has its own advantages.
I love grabbing flavored bagels for these. This way, the flavor is built right into the final chips. Jalapeno bagels are my FAVORITE, but the methods work for any bagels.
How about you? What’s your favorite bagel? Soon to be favorite bagel chips! I hope you enjoy them. — Mike H.
Check Out Some My Other Popular Dehydrator Recipes
- Homemade Bagel Chips
- Spiced Dried Apple Chips
- Citrus Lemon-Lime Salt
- Strawberry-Serrano Fruit Leathers
- Tropical Fruit Leather (Roll Ups)
- Spicy Beef Jerky
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Homemade Bagel Chips (Dehydrator Method) – Recipe
- 4 bagels – I used 2 jalapeno bagels and 2 onion bagels
- Slice the bagels into ½ inch slices, then place them onto dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate for 3-4 hours at 115 degrees F, or until they are completely dried and crackery.
Homemade Oven Baked Bagel Chips – Recipe
- 4 bagels
- Olive oil
- Your Preferred Seasonings I like chili powders, herbs, salt and pepper
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Slice the bagels into thin slices, then set them on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Drizzle with with olive oil and your preferred seasonings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are lightly browned.
- Cool and enjoy!