Homemade Bagel Chips are crunchy, addictive, and SO easy to make! You can bake them in the oven or pop them into your dehydrator for an easy homemade snack. Feel free to use your favorite bagels and seasonings for this versatile recipe!
Homemade Bagel Chips
This bagel chips recipe is one of my favorite snacks ever. I'm more of the crunchy-salty type of snack guy, so I gravitate toward crispy chips and such, though a lot of that stuff isn't very good for you.
Right? It isn't always in my best interest to nosh down an entire bag of oily potato chips.
That's where this recipe comes in handy! Whether I make these bagel chips as a snack for myself or as part of a party appetizer, they never disappoint. Plus, they really couldn't be easier to make in my dehydrator.
And don't worry - I've included instructions on how to bake these crunchy chips in the oven if that's better for you!
Ingredients in Homemade Bagel Chips
Yep, that's it! If you want to bake them in the oven, you can dress up these easy bagel chips with olive oil and whatever seasonings you prefer. I'm a big fan of chili powder and herbs.
How to Make Bagel Chips in the Dehydrator
Slice the bagels. Slice the bagels into ½ inch slices and place them onto dehydrator trays.
Dehydrate the chips. Dehydrate for 3-4 hours at 115 °F, or until they are completely dried and crackery.
How to Make Bagel Chips in the Oven
Preheat. Heat your oven to 325°F.
Prepare the bagel chips. Slice the bagels into thin slices, then set them on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Drizzle with with olive oil and your preferred seasonings.
Bake. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are lightly browned. Let the chips fully cool before serving.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Pick your favorite bagel. Any bagel works well with this easy recipe! I like to use jalapeño bagels and onion bagels. However, any bagel that you like can be turned into chips. Get creative!
- Dehydrator or oven? With the oven, you're likely to get more browning on the chips, more like a toasty crunch factor. With a dehydrator, you'll get the purest bagel chip experience. The choice is yours. It's easier to add other seasonings with the oven method, so each method has its own advantages.
- Serve them however you'd like. You can make these bagel chips as a healthier alternative to chips to satisfy your snack cravings. They also make a great appetizer when served with some jalapeño cream cheese dip.
In an airtight container at room temperature, bagel chips will stay fresh for up to 1 week. Make sure the container is truly sealed from any outside air so they don't go stale!
Homemade Bagel Chips Recipe
- 4 bagels – I used 2 jalapeno bagels and 2 onion bagels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for oven method only)
- Seasonings (use your favorites - oven method only)
- Slice the bagels into ½ inch slices, then place them onto dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate for 3-4 hours at 115 degrees F, or until they are completely dried and crackery.
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Slice the bagels into thin slices, then set them on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Drizzle with with olive oil and your preferred seasonings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are lightly browned.
- Cool and enjoy!